Sunday 2 September 2018

Christmas MDF

Good morning! I thought I'd pop by to share my take on the new Christmas mdf decorations that Luv Crafts introduced this week on Hochanda.  

It's really strange working on Christmas projects while the sun is shining so fiercely outside I must admit, as normally I am a bit of a last minute type where the festive season is concerned, but these were so much fun to do that I soon found my wintery groove.


All Christmas crafts should be sparkly ( in fact in my world everything should be sparkly!) and the Luv Crafts Shimmer Magic paints are perfect for the job as they are so so glitzy. I adore them!  On the globe decoration I used some gorgeous decoupage from Studio Light to give a focal point, but it can also be changed out for a real bauble so it's very versatile. 


On my tree I used Metallic Magic in pearl to colour it, and around the base I pounded on Let It Snow paste and added a generous layer of Festive Magic to create a lovely crunchy snow effect, adding some gold embellishments once dry. I also added snow around the edge of the tree. I decorated the tree with sparkly star embellishments and Pearl Pens. The bauble is by Studio Light and decorated with a beautiful shrink wrap from The Woodland Collection. The shrink wraps are amazing- it's like watching real magic happen when you apply heat. So much fun to do to create your own decorations. 

I'll be back soon with some more projects to share, as will my team mates so don't forget to hit the follow button so you can keep up to date with what we are all up to. 

You can also follow the Luv Crafts Crafting and Mixed Media Facebook group and share your own projects with us there. We love to see what you are making too.

Have a great week

Lynda
x

No comments:

Post a Comment