Thursday 27 September 2018

A Rusty Light Bulb

Good morning! Well, I'm not sure yet how good it is as it's very early here in the UK and dark as night outside still, but hopefully it will shape up to be a lovely sunny Autumn day eventually. 

Talking of dark, I thought I would pop by and share a light bulb project I made a little while ago for show that Jo did on Hochanda using the Studio Light Industrial range of stamps and dies and the absolutely brilliant Rusty Magic and Metallic Magic. I had so much fun doing this one. The bulb was an oversized drinks decanter from the store Tiger.  




First I coloured the inside of the bottle using watered down Metallic Magic in a variety of colours, pouring it in and turning the bottle around until it was totally covered. While that was drying I die cut the lightbulbs from cardstock and used Rusty Magic over them and the bottle top. I absolutely love how easy this is to use. I am a huge fan of steampunk and industrial type of style, and creating an authentic rust look is so easy on anything. You just dab the base colours on with a foam dabber, and then once dry add a small amount of patina over the top and job done. No faffing, just a great rust effect. 

Once it was all totally dry, I stuck the die cuts around the top. But a light bulb isn't much use unless it actually works though right? 


This is such a big bulb that it took a set of fairy lights inside easily, creating a great effect. Perfect for those summer evenings in the garden, or now the Summer has passed creating a cosy glow inside in the warm. 

I'll be back soon with some more projects to share with you. My fellow DT will also be uploading some so don't forget to hit the 'follow' button so that you can keep up with us. You can also join the Luv Crafts Crafting and Mixed Media Facebook Group if you area social media user. We love to see your projects on there so feel free to share. 

Bye for now

Lynda
xx




2 comments: