Sunday 14 October 2018

Christmas MDF

Did you all manage to catch the recent Luv Crafts show on Hochanda featuring the beautiful festive MDF and awesome chalk paints? I enjoyed working with these so much and thought I'd pop by and share my samples.
Firstly here's is my take on the Festive Sleigh. I think this is my favourite sample from this time around. To decorate it I painted the sleigh body with Luv Crafts Viva Decor Chalk Paints and the runners with Shimmer Magic paint. Once dry I added more texture with a crackle stamp and Archival ink. I inked two reindeer from the Festive Embellishments set and created a poinsettia flower with stamping and embossing. Once the sleigh was dry I added the embellishments, along with some sisal for texture, and finished off with Festive Magic to add a snow effect.  

I really like these sleighs. They are a great size to add a small gift in, or some nice pot pourri maybe, or even just left as a stand alone decoration. 



I also used the chalk paints on my tree. This time I chose grey and white for a classy muted effect. 


Once the trees were painted, distressed and dry I used the same grey I used as a base layer to stencil a holly pattern on.  On the smaller trees I stamped a script across. I then added a layer of Structure paste and the Festive magic over the base. To finish I decorated a Studio Light bauble with a beautiful shrink wrap ( I love these so much. I think my own tree may be covered in them this year!).

I hope you've enjoyed looking at my projects. Don't forget you can join the Luv Crafts Crafting and Mixed Media Facebook group where you can share your own mixed media projects and see what all my DT mates have also been making. 

Have a great week

Lynda
xx


2 comments:

  1. Hi ,I can't wait for my products to arrive I'm so excited to receive them thank you ..Ur makes r beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adele. You will have so much fun with them x

      Delete